This is a moment of extreme danger for our profession. The longstanding national pay system is being broken up, taking away teachers’ legitimate pay progression expectations, on top of the attack on our pensions.
Without progress through negotiation, strike action is inevitable. Unions can not stand back when their members are threatened in this way.
- Click here to email your MP and ask them to pass on your concerns to Michael Gove and add their own voices to those opposing his plans. The more emails MPs receive, the more opposition will be registered.
- Download the latest Union briefing on the Government’s pay proposals here
- Michael Gove says he doesn't know what the NUT wants. This Reps Bulletin suggests ten changes which would raise morale. We are ready to negotiate on any and all of these changes
- For our full "Ten reasons why you should oppose Michael Gove’s plans for your pay" document, click here
- Go here to download a PowerPoint presentation to be used for School Reps briefings
- Go here for FAQs on the Government’s pay proposals